Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A crazy week..

Ok I lie, it hasn't been that crazy, but the things that have happened have been pretty time consuming..

I spent today painting an extremely old and dirty house in Wexford with a group of friends.. It was only when I had started that I realised that I had never painted walls/doors/skirting boards/banisters before. So Sarah and I cleaned some windows.


For the duration of the car ride back to Kilkenny, 4 of us had what I can only call, a DMC. I love DMCs. Like, full on love. There's something amazing about thinking you have a person sussed out and then realising that you have so much left to learn about them. I love that when it comes to being a friend, there is never too much knowledge.. This is when Sarah comes into the picture. The term "best friend" doesn't quite cover Sarah. So everytime I learn something new about her, or realize a trait that I hadn't noticed before, it excites me that as friends, we still have a long way to go. But not in a negative sense, I mean in the way that our friendship can't ever be boring,
because there is so much more to discover.

Much like in Sense & Sensibility, when Marianne is talking about getting to know people.. "Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others.".. so maybe it's not really about time at all :P

I need to think about this more, I haven't quite formed an opinion.. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment