Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sore arm..

This morning I was at the doctor getting a rabies jab. I'm sorry, but every time I think of rabies, all I can see is a gross mangey dog.

A group of us are going to Uganda in August (http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=107929615916145&ref=ts) so I have to get 6 injections all together. It's completely freaking me out hearing all the possible things that could go wrong and all the fatal illnesses that I could very easily get. And knowing my luck.. :(

BUT my excitement kinda outweighs my fear. The opportunity is incredible. I mean, how many people get to do this ? Very few. Which sometimes makes me doubt myself. Is there someone else who could take my place who would make more of a difference or who would contribute more than I could?

This is one of the places we'll be volunteering in. Its website breaks my heart. (http://www.sanyubabies.com/) I hope I don't get in trouble for stealing stuff off the website..

This is the kitchen from which 40 children under the age of 5 are cared for.

That little area with the tin roof? Kitchen. It killed me when I turned from the computer and looked at our kitchen. I mean, if they had a kitchen similar to the ones we have, imagine how many more babies they could feed..?

More Uganda posts on the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment